Teens Creatively Cultivating the Next Generation of Leaders
Join Teens With a Purpose (TWP) for free events at the Vivian C. Mason (VCM) Teen Center. Teens With a Purpose develops teens to be peer leaders who together with their adult support team help youth grow into competent, healthy people and develop to their fullest potential.
FALL @ VCM Teen Center Ages 12-19 Years Old
- Monday – The Gathering: Make new friends, develop your talents, become a leader. Participants receive incentives for volunteerism and community edutainment.
- Tuesday- Poetry & Recording Sessions: Encourages critical thinking and creative expression in literary arts and performance. Explore written and oral traditions of poetry and writing.
- Wednesday – Garden & HealthE Living: Join us for Gardening & Healthy Living night.
- Garden, harvest and plant fresh vegetables and herbs every week. Move your body with dance and step workshops.
- Thursdays – Movies, Board and Video Games, Sports or read and relax – Members decide every Thursday; Youth Circles – Circle conversation, meal, music, games and interactive activities
- Weeknight programs also include: Visual art, gardening, hip hop yoga, community yoga, Youth Circle-group talk and a teen open mic.
2019 TWP Gala & Move Maker Awards
November 7th, 2019, Chrysler Museum
Celebrate youth in Hampton Roads and their Mentors who have beaten the odds and triumphed over adversity. Nominate a youth today at www.twpthemovement.org
All located at Vivian C. Mason Teen Center, 700 E. Olney Rd., Norfolk, VA 23504
For more information on these events and programs call (757) 747-2679 or visit www.TWPTheMovement.org